Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Sunday, March 23, 2008

Paper Easter Baskets

When I was growing up my mom would make us paper Easter baskets for Easter morning. They were always filled with our favorite Easter candy. This tradition continued even when I moved away from home. My mom always sent me a care package at Easter and inside would always be a paper Easter basket. She even sent me one when I was on my mission in Denmark. And when I lived with roommates she made paper Easter baskets for them too. Since this was my first Easter without my mom I just had to make paper Easter baskets for everyone. Easter just wouldn't be the same without them. Evan and I spent today (Easter Sunday) with my dad in Spokane. He spoke in sacrament meeting today and gave a wonderful talk on the Savior and bore a very powerful and personal testimony of Him. Wow, it felt wonderful to feel the spirit so strongly testify of Jesus Christ. So, today my thoughts have been with my mom...I've had the paper Easter baskets to remind me of her and my dad's testimony of the divinity of Christ as a sweet reminder that I will see her again. It has been a special day for me.


Here's a picture of my dad with Sam at my mom's grave. We visited her grave site and took her some flowers yesterday (Saturday) afternoon after we arrived here in Spokane.

1 comment:

Miss Pete said...

Oh JaNeece...my eyes are filled with tears. I'm sure it is so bitter-sweet. We love JaNet and Carlos! I'm glad you had a nice Easter.