The most difficult and humbling part of this whole experience was I couldn't take care of Sam. I was in a very bad spot...pregnant and gimpy. Thankfully, my wonderful mother in law (Jill) was able to come and be with us in the most crucial times and spent a good amount of time helping us out. My dad came to help out a few times when he could get off of work and I spent a week in Vancouver with my sister. We also live in an amazingly supportive ward. I was overwhelmed by the support and help that the Relief Society offered. I literally had 2 or 3 different ladies come and help me out each day family wasn't able to be here. It was great to get to know the ladies in my ward in this way. They are wonderful and I love them. I really feel I came to know Christ better through their service to me.

Instead of crutches I was able to rent one of these knee scooters. It was a HUGE blessing and allowed me to do a lot more for Sam than if I would have had only the crutches. I got pretty good with the scooter. By the end of the six weeks I could get up and down the stairs with it on my own and figured out how to get in and out of our apartment.
Sam learned to walk during the past few months...He was walking before I was!!! :-) It's amazing how quickly they progress. Now he's walking, practically running, everywhere and loving life. I think walking is his new favorite hobby!





Evan's brother, Brian, has been called to serve in the Georgia Atlanta North Mission. He reported to the MTC on June 18th. He spoke in church the weekend before and we went down to Portland to hear him speak. There were other members of the Hatch family (Jill's family) that were able to be there too. It was great to hear Brian speak. He will be a fantastic missionary! It was also nice to spend some time with family after church at Alan and Jill's.
Elder Thacker
What's a family gathering without a game of cards?! :-)
Enjoying the good weather...
Sam playing with Grandma...


Isaac and Sam messing around....


After spending a few days in DC, we (Evan, me, Sam, Shelley and Kimball) drove to the Outer Banks in North Carolina for the Thacker family reunion. We had a GREAT time spending time with family, swimming in the pool, and playing at the beach. It was a blast! :-)






No comments:
Post a Comment