Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Friday, June 19, 2009

My New Hobby...

I think I can now officially say that one my hobbies is gardening. This is a new development for me, but I think it's so fun and even relaxing (isn't that what hobbies are supposed to be? relaxing?). Evan and I have had such fun planting things in our little yard this spring and watching them grow.
The people who lived in our apartment before us had these rose bushes that were a little sickly. Well, we were able to salvage three of them and the first one has bloomed in the last week or so. The others will probably bloom any day now. So fun! :-)


Gladiolus bulbs...they haven't bloomed yet, but I think they will soon. We can hardly wait! :-)

This is my favorite thing we've done to our little yard. When we moved in this section of our lawn was completely dead and had a bunch of lawn furniture on it. Well, we decided we'd rather have a flower garden instead of the furniture on dead lawn. We kept one of the benches and turned the rest into this little piece of heaven. We brought in new dirt and put in the stepping stones and have added some plants as our budget allows. We're not done yet, but we got a good start!
Okay...I LOVE our Fuschia hanging baskets!! They're so pretty...I told Evan that as long as we live here in the Northwest where they grow so well I want to work these into our budget every year. He agrees...yeah!!! :-)




5 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I think you guys have done wonders with your garden! Every time I visit it seems like there's something else blooming and gorgeous. My favorite are your cala lillies....

Mallory said...

I agree with laura my fav is the calla lilies. I also love your fuchsia. I think because of you I will have to buy hanging fuchsia baskets next year!

Jessica said...

Um...wow. I am not officially guilty of coveting your garden. It's buuuutiful. Way to go you guys!I especially like your bench and stones. Gives me ideas for my own front flower bed.

Ali said...

Seeing your cute yard makes me want a yard!! Love the flower pots! Thanks again for the meal yesterday, it was just what we needed :)

Whitney said...

You guys did such a great job! It looks beautiful! Wish we could come see it, but the pictures still make it look like a great place to spend lots of time!