Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Motivated!

Okay, I may regret putting this out there but I wanted to share this (click here), mostly because I'm still in awe over the fact that this was me six years ago! Pre-marriage and pre-babies. Anyway, reading my friend's blog post has totally motivated me to lose weight...and believe me...I have A LOT of weight to lose to get back to where I was. I realize that losing all my baby weight may be a pipe dream, but a girl can dream, right? Can someone really lose 75 lbs?!? Thinking about it just depresses me and makes me want to eat chocolate, but that's the sort of behavior that needs to end...and end NOW. Anyway, I'm feeling motivated...Thanks, Jess (my friend I ran the marathon with) for the reminder of the old me. I want her back! ;-)

10 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I'm in awe of anyone who can run a marathon! Wowzers! As for your new goals, I think you're already doing awesome with the YMCA trips! Maybe it's your crazy neighbor who drops off extra baked goods which is the problem. I'll have to talk to her and see if she'll stop that nonsense. Good luck! I'm rooting for ya!

Lisa Michelle said...

JaNe, you are BEAUTIFUL with or without baby lbs. And I agree with the commentor above -- anyone who can run a marathon is 200% AMAZING! I'm glad you posted this, though - it reminded me that I never emailed you that challenge spreadsheet we talked about over the summer! Sorry! I'll send that - wanna start it together? I could use some motivation as we enter pie season... :) hugs to you!!!

Ali said...

You can do it JaNeece!! Keep up the hard work, it will pay off!! I'm motivated by YOU!

Jessica said...

oooo...I'm so excited I made it on your blog. I think often of when we were roomies and you lost a bunch of weight then, what was is 60 lbs.? It was hard work of course, but you watched what you ate and were a dilligent runner. Take advantage of the Y.
I support you JaNeece, no matter what!

Nicole said...

JaNeece,
You rock. I am motivated by all you do, baby pounds or no. Let's get together for some run/walks, or kid play dates. The trampoline is calling Sams name.

Williams Family said...

You are so wonderful and you know I love you! You have great goals and work so hard. Keep it up and I know you will find yourself where you want to be.
Love, Natalie

Mel said...

Your motivation is the marathon pics and my motivation is my 20th high school reunion in Oct of '10! You can do it and so can I! When you are tempted or down just remember you have a cheerleader here in St. Louis sending you positive thoughts! Love ya!

Mallory said...

You ran a marathon! That takes major work. I am so jealous and impressed. Actually you never cease to amaze me come to think of it. I also think one can loose 75lbs. I lost 60lbs like 10 years ago and oh man the first 20 I think are the hardest after that it is a breeze. With your dedication and your trips to the YMCA that baby fat will just fall away =) Good luck!!!

Lindsey H. said...

A marathon - that is so cool! I was actually thinking to myself at the theater that you're looking really good - I should have said something! My sister is trying to lose 60 pounds and she just got a body bug (the arm band the biggest loser contestants wear). A little pricey, but she loves it! Good luck - you've got lots of cheerleaders!

Jenny Hatch said...

JaNeece, my curiosity is peeked...what is a challenge spreadsheet? and a body bug? Wow. My friend brought the Shred (Jillian something) to our Thanksgiving holiday. I did it twice, and now I want it. Very cool that you go the YMCA! Very very cool! Let me know when you have lost 10 pounds from the time you read this comment, and I will send you a surprise!!!