Sam is all about it being "Christmas time" at our house. You can hear the magic in his voice when he talks about it. We decorated our little tree for FHE on Monday night and he had such fun hanging all the red balls. One fun tradition we started this year is I've wrapped my collection of Christmas books under the tree (I currently have 17) and Sam gets to unwrap one each night before Christmas. I'll either re-wrap my favorites or go buy some more cheap ones at the dollar store (I bought four there a few weeks ago). Oh, and one of the books I bought this year was a little golden book of "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer." That's the book Sam unwrapped last night and I'd forgotten what a weird story it is. Does anyone else think it's weird? Just lots of random characters and story twists and random scary monsters that eat reindeer. I'll stick to just enjoying the song and forget about the book. Anyway, despite Rudolph's somewhat twisted story I LOVE this time of year. I can't help but feel hopeful and happy.
PS- Sorry about the poor camera job. I thought I was making it so you could see the whole tree...didn't realize it'd be turned on its side. Ooops. Also, do you hear the music in the background? It's Alabama's Christmas CD. I grew up with this CD/tape and it just makes me happy to listen to it...brings back all kinds of happy memories.

6 comments:
I love all the "where should I hang it, daddy?" so sweet and cute! And Lauren with her sucker eating...priceless. I am sure she was one sticky mess when it was done, but it looks like she loved it! Did you get your camera fixed???
JaNeece you are so creative about wrapping up the Christmas stories and reading them. I think I might have to steal that idea from you for next year! You have one cute family!
I LOVE your Christmas book idea. How cute. The holidays are filled with such great traditions.
Sam loves his daddy! "Where should I hang it daddy?" SO cute!! I am excited for McKay to grow up someday. Love ya, JaNeece!
Sam loves his daddy! "Where should I hang it daddy?" SO cute!! I am excited for McKay to grow up someday. Love ya, JaNeece!
Sam is getting so big I can hardly believe it! I love the videos of your little ones.
Post a Comment