Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day 2010


We had a great Memorial Day as a family. The day started with this...

Evan took Sam to the cemetary near our house early Monday morning to help distribute flags to all the burial sites of those who died while in military service.
This was right up Sam's alley...He loves flags AND lining things up in rows. As you can see he thoroughly enjoyed himself!
Mostly Sam just loves his Daddy and spending one on one time with him.

Later in the day we went to a great barbecue at Grandma H's house complete with lots of fun relatives and yummy food. After the barbecue we went to the cemetary where Grandpa H is buried. We tried to tell the kids about Grandpa H, but all they wanted to do is chase eachother around the cemetery. 



All in all a GREAT day together! Wish we had these sorts of days more often!


6 comments:

Mallory said...

How fun! You look so cute in the last picture with your kiddos.

Laura and crew said...

I can picture Sam being really excited to see all the soldier's graves and their corresponding flags lined up in PERFECT rows. Cute. It looked like a great family day!

Alan said...

such a darling family. we are glad you are ours. jill

Williams Family said...

What a great day! Like Laura metioned, lining up flags in a perfect row must a been a perfect activity for Sam! So cute.

Nicole said...

I LOVE all the pictures! Isn't it fun to make Memorial day special? We all went to Wayne's cemetary in Manhattan....18 of us in all. Everyone who lives in the midwest. It was really special.

Nicole said...

Hey, I'm sorry to intrude on your blog but I feel horrible because I lost the email MaLeesa sent me months ago and I can't reply. Will you re-send me her address. I owe her a HUGE apology.