Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Friday, August 6, 2010

Summer

I haven't blogged in a while...sorry. My only excuse is that we've been busy. I know, that's a pretty lame excuse. "Summer" has been a little scarce it seems here in the northwest, but we've had a few warm and sunny days. It's funny what I think is "hot" now, after living here in Seattle for a few years. Yesterday it was about 79 degrees with 45% humidity and I thought it was HOT. Thankfully, Mother Nature kicked on her air conditioning again and we're back to a little cloudy and 57 degrees this morning. Phew! :-) Anyway, here are a few pics from our SUMMER 2010!


Kids playing at Richmond Beach Park. They love to go here and throw rocks in the water, especially Sam.


Like I said, we have had a few really HOT days. We've enjoyed a couple trips to the wading pools in the neighborhood.
I love this picture of Sam with his little friend Marie. Marie is moving soon...we're going to miss her! :-)
We had a neighborhood barbecue the other night and the sheriff showed up for the fun. He was nice enough to let my two little kiddos sit on his motorcycle for a bit. They LOVED it!
We recently took a trip to the local fire safety station with friends in our ward. Sam especially loved this trip. It was hard to get him to take off his fire jacket when it was time to go home.


Sam with his buddy Josh. Too cute.

7 comments:

Mallory said...

Adorable fun summer! Your kiddos are just so fun!

Laura and crew said...

We were outside yesterday afternoon and nearly melted with all that 'humidity.' So funny. Thanks for the blog update of your cute kiddos!

The Holts said...

JaNeece, Looks like a lot of fun! I love the kids' cute swimsuits! We will have so much fun at the beach. I am really excited to relax! Can't wait to see you guys!

Logan said...

The heat index hit triple digits in Kentucky this week. We sure miss Seattle on days like that...

Sam and Lauren are getting so big!

Lindsey H. said...

Being busy is never a lame excuse for not blogging! My excuse is I'm just too lazy. :) Looks like you guys are enjoying your summer. Your kids are getting so big! Thanks for the books you brought to my shower! And I love the monkey theme of your blog. :)

Dacia said...

Your kids grew up and are adorable! We can't wait for the reunion next summer.

The Byrd Family said...

Marie keeps wanting to go to Sam and Lauren and JaNeece's house. It breaks my heart! What a great picture.