Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Friday, September 9, 2011

Yipppeeeee!!!!

For the past 4 years, Evan has worked at this building....


and sat at this desk....


not anymore because he's finally DONE with his dissertation!!

Introducing, Dr. Evan Lloyd Thacker...


Evan with members of his dissertation committee, Susan Heckbert and Bruce Psaty.


We are so happy and proud of him...way to go, Evan!!!


I love you!!! :-) 

11 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Wahoo! We're so happy for you and are glad you documented it! Congrats Dr. and Mrs. Thacker!

knygard said...

Sigh! Congratulations DR. Thacker!

Williams Family said...

YEA! What a major, wonderful accomplishment, Dr. Thacker! We miss you guys so much but hope you're enjoying Alabama. We'll have to talk soon cause I want to hear all the details of your Southern digs. Love you!!

Jessica said...

Way to go Ev!! And JaNeece for bein' his suga mama.

kerrlee said...

Congratulations, JaNeece and Evan! Such exciting news. What an amazing accomplishment. Hope to have Jason joining the ranks (of Dr.) soon. Must be so exciting to be moving on!
Congrats again,
Kristine Kerr

David said...

Congrats Evan and JaNeece for surviving the journey! Way to go!

The Curtis Family said...

Congratulations Evan!!! We wish you the best in Alabama!

Nicole said...

So my mom and dad were just here for a week and we sat at dinner having a discussion about why you're moving to Al. I should have checked your blog!! I knew it was Evan's job but my dad thought it was more school. So it's both....a job at a school! I'm so excited for you and excited to see you! Email me again soon!

Nathan said...

Congratulations, Dr. Thacker!

Jenny Hatch said...

Yahoo! Yippee! Wahoo! Poor Seattle for loosing you (secretly I think you will end back there eventually). Way to Go Thackers!

The Byrd Family said...

What a long road you are at the end of! Congratulations! This is as much an accomplishment for you as for her Evan - Congrats Mrs. Dr., dear, to quote Susan from the Anne of Green Gables books!