Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Thursday, February 19, 2009

Some things just don't change...:-)

Like father like son...On this particular Saturday morning, Evan is reading a research paper for school and Sam wanted to join in on the fun. Sam is turning out to be a lot like his dad. It's fun to see the similarities even at such a young age! :-)


Lauren is still cute...She ate rice cereal for the first time today. Even though she's smiling in this picture she didn't like it too much. We'll keep trying. :-)


Sam still is a picky eater...I was so excited yesterday because Sam ate EVERYTHING on his plate for lunch (see the above picture). I couldn't believe it. I really don't remember the last time he did that. However, he was back to his old antics for dinner (see the below picture). Hardly ate a thing on his plate. This is the part of motherhood I think I'm failing. Sam won't touch a vegetable and he's totally finicky...one day he likes cheese, the next day he doesn't. I seriously don't know what to do. Oh well...I'm trying to remember what my good friend Heather always says...Everything's a stage. I hope he grows out of this one soon!


Why is there ALWAYS a load of laundry to wash or put away?!?!?! Can't we ever just be DONE with it?!? Seriously...it makes me crazy!

to be washed...

to be put away...



5 comments:

Laura and crew said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with laundry issues. So things really just don't change I guess. Although...maybe someday Sam will grow out of his picky eating...

Mallory said...

I hope Sam grows out of the picker eater stage! I can't believe how fast Lauren is growing up. Good luck with laundry but as I told Laura just admit defeat now since it will always be a chore unfinished!

Mel said...

Lauren looks like she's grown just in the few weeks since I saw her! Love her smile! I feel your frustration with Sam's eating. Mason is a pretty good eater but he does go through phases. Last phase was cheese cubes, turkey pepperoni and grapes. That's all. Nothing else! At least he was getting most food groups! I don't think there's anything wrong with just providing healthy snacks throughout the day and forget the three meals. He'll eventually join you at the table. Mason is finally getting to where he'll sit down with us. Good luck with the laundry! Sometimes I wish we could spend a few days naked just to enjoy being caught up!!!

Miss Pete said...

J~ My kids are picky eaters too. I still put everything on their plate so they can see it. But my doctor always reminds me that you have to look at a bigger picture. Toddlers may not eat every single meal. She told me to look at it over the whole day and sometimes a couple of days. They may eat a lot at one meal and very little at another. However they're going to eat when they're hungry. Don't stress too much. It's nothing you're doing.

The Thackers said...

Thanks, Deb...He's actually been doing better lately. He ate brocoli the other night, but only when chocolate chips were the incentive. :-)