I recently spent a weekend in sunny southern California with six of my favorite women in the world...my BYU roommates. They are amazing, beautiful, intelligent, funny, and have been such a blessing in my life over the past SIXTEEN years (I can't believe it's been that long!). In the course of those sixteen years we have collectively been through a lot...marriage, babies, divorce, cancer, death, sick parents, and all the other curve balls life is constantly throwing at you. Through it all we have stayed in contact and been an amazing support to one another. I remember when I was struggling with breast feeding Sam I sent out an SOS email to my roommates and got all the advice and empathy I needed at the time and when my mom died they were there for me then too. Not to mention last year when I tore my Achilles tendon, they collectively sent me a five month subscription to Netflix (great idea for the gimpy girl!). Anyway, I love them more than I can express. They have taught me what true friendship is.
We try and get together every couple of years for a reunion and this time was GREAT! Some of the highlights were going out to dinner, a trip to In N' Out Burger, an outing to the beach, all seven of us getting pedicures (oh wait...make that eight...little Aila got one too!), shopping, hot tub therapy, and staying up each night till the early morning because we just couldn't stop talking!
Tuesday, February 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Tiff and Aila at the beach


Funny Girl (Noreen)
Tiff and Aila getting a pedicure with Debbie taking the picture
3 comments:
Oh JaNeece, I love it! You guys must have had such an awesome time. I love the pic of Aila and Lauren. How cute! I can just imagine you guys staying up to talk all night.
JaNe, that looks SO FUN!
I miss you already (and sweet Lauren). I'm not sure I can wait 2 years.
Post a Comment