Two years ago today my mom died. I have thought about her and missed her so much the past few days. She was a wonderful and caring person and the best mom a girl could hope for! I love her and miss her beyond expression.I love this quote from Bruce R. McConkie. It makes my heart happy.
"When a righteous man or righteous woman dies, they do not cease to love their family in the flesh, they do not cease to pray for them, they do not cease to labor in their behalf. As their family was their primary concern in this life, so it will continue to be their primary concern on the other side of the veil. We would demean the nature of their labors in the spirit world to suppose that they had nothing more to do than to conduct a daily watch over those they left behind; yet the love and interest is still there, and on special occasions their presence will be felt and in some instances, as appropriate, they may be granted the privilege to more fully manifest themselves, though these treasures of heaven will not be common."

6 comments:
I never got to meet your mom, but they way you talk about her I know she was a great lady! I just want to give you a big hug, but the internet doesn't allow that so *hug* If you ever need a moment to just talk about her I would love to listen.
wow JaNeece - two years! Such a sad anniversary and yet you have survived two years! Thank you for that quote. I haven't heard that one before and am printing it out as I type. What a great reminder of what these parents of ours are doing - they truly haven't forgotten about us, just as we haven't forgotten about them!
I miss you mom too. I'm sure these anniversaries are hard. Sending peace, comfort and my love to you from far away Indiana.
What an amazing quote. Thank you for sharing that. I'm thinking about you this week!
I've never heard this quote before, but it's amazing and I think it's true, too. I don't think I'll ever forget how I felt when listening to Lauren's baby blessing. I don't think Lauren was alone that day...
wow 2 years! there aren't enough wonderful words to describe your mom. she was one of the greatest people to ever cross my life's path. i feel very blessed to have known her and feel of her sweet spirit. she was 100% good. i am a better person because i knew her. i love the quote, miss you janeece
Post a Comment