Last Wednesday (September 22nd) was Lauren's birthday...she's 2 years old!! Evan is super busy at work so we picked him up for a few hours and drove over to Gasworks Park to celebrate. It was a beautiful day and so much fun!
For her birthday Lauren got a baby and a stroller. Wow...I had no idea what kind of a hit this would be. She loved it! I was so happy! Funny side note: Sam also loved the baby and the stroller. Let's just say that by Saturday he had *his* own baby and stroller. I never thought I would do that...buy two of the same toy, but sometimes sanity doesn't have a price tag. :-)
We had cupcakes with lots of yummy frosting. Sam ate so much that he got a little sick. It's funny because now if his tummy feels sick it's because he ate "too much cupcakes."
They had cupcakes at preschool this week for someone else's birthday. He made sure to tell me that he didn't eat "too much cupcakes" and he didn't get sick. Phew! :-)
Lauren loved her stroller and baby so much that she just pushed and pushed it all around Gasworks Park. It was hillarious. The funniest part was that she wouldn't push it on any of the paved paths, just all over the grassy parts.
She also loved looking at her cards or "papers" as she calls them. She'd push her stroller for a while and then plop down in the grass and read her "papers."
It was also Evan's birthday this week (September 21st). On his actual birthday the poor guy worked the entire day. I think he left home around 6 am and didn't get home until 9:30 pm. We made sure to listen to Earth Wind and Fire's classic song "September" before we went to bed and he did open have a few presents to open.
We had an impromptu birthday party for Evan Friday night. It was so fun! I think we had almost 20 adults here and who knows how many kids. We just ate pizza and had cake. We feel blessed to have so many great friends here in Shoreline and a place big enough to have them all here at once. A fun night!
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
yay for fun celebrations! The bday party was definitely a hit!
I can't believe she's 2. It seems like yesterday we were all together at Jenni Jills.
Have you introduced your kids to the book Pinkalicious yet? Your story of the cupcakes reminded me of it. My kids love it (even Josh).
Happy Birthdays!
Post a Comment