Yesterday on our way into the YMCA Lauren tripped and hit her head against the corner of a concrete stair. OUCH!! It gave her quite a gash in her forehead and we had to take her to Children's Hospital to get some stitches. Because we were at the YMCA they had to call an EMT and we had to let them drive us to the hospital in the ambulance. It was all a little traumatizing for Lauren, but I have to admit a little exciting for me. :-) Despite the trauma, Lauren was quite the little trooper and handled it all like a pro. Here are some pictures I took (with my cell phone) to prove it.
In the ambulance on the way to the hospital. Ouch!
Waiting to have the stitches done. The green "princess" band (that's what they called it) is holding the anesthetic to the wound to numb it. I think she looks more like a little Indian, especially with her hair (feather) sticking straight up.
This whole trip to the E.R. was a little bit of a Déjà vu experience for me. We went through the exact same thing with
Sam two years ago almost to the day. Crazy!
3 comments:
wowzers! You had a very eventful Friday! I am glad Lauren is doing okay.
Poor Lauren! Looks like she did pretty well though - I don't see any tears! Hope she's feeling better.
Her poor head. My girls are constantly hitting their heads on everything. I am glad she is okay, and it is pretty funny that she is just like her older brother.
Post a Comment