Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sam's First Primary Talk

Today Sam gave his first primary talk and Evan and I were both blown away with how well he did. He marched right up to the podium with his yellow paper in hand (see below) and a huge grin on his face, grabbed the microphone and gave his talk all by himself. No fear whatsoever. Evan and I had no idea what to expect, but he exceeded our expectations by a long shot. We were both pretty proud of our little boy!

Translation:
I am thankful for the scriptures.
The scriptures teach us about Jesus.
I read the scriptures every night with my family.
Reading the scriptures helps me remember Jesus.
(In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen)

PS- He also learned how to write his name this week. You can kind of see how he's written his name on his talk above. He's growing up and I can hardly stand it, but love it all at the same time!

6 comments:

Laura and crew said...

Josh said sam taught him about Jesus today. I wish I could have seen it! Love that kiddo!

Jessica said...

That's cute. Go Sam! I wish I was in Primary and could hear a cute talk like that. *sigh Better yet, I wish I was teaching Sunbeams. Their lesson was on "I'm thankful for water" yesterday. :)

Williams Family said...

Love it! That kid is amazing and I wish I could have seen it. Too cute!

Carol said...

Hooray for Sam! What a brave little man.

Nygards said...

Sam did SO good! I was really impressed. What a cute boy!

The Byrd Family said...

What a proud moment! One you wish you could preserve somehow to pull out later!