This is Evan. In May I took a trip to Leuven, Belgium, with some of the professors I work with. Leuven is an old, beautiful, small college town near Brussels. My Dad was a missionary in Leuven in the 1970s, so it was pretty cool to walk around the streets he would have walked.

In front of the Town Hall

A view of the Town Hall from one of the narrow streets

The Town Hall, adjacent to the Grote Markt (Great Market)

Looking down Brusselsestraat from the Grote Markt

Along one of the main residential streets

The Klein Begijnhof, one of the streets with houses hundreds of years old

A canal view

My dad's old apartment building - #28 Vaartstraat
I wonder if he will recognize it?

A view down another section of Vaartstraat

A house in the Groot Begijnhof, which was once a complex for nuns but now is used by Catholic University Leuven for student and faculty housing

More Groot Begijnhof

More Groot Begijnhof
What a beautiful town! I'd like to visit again sometime, hopefully with my Dad.
1 comment:
Ev! How cool you got to go to Belgium. Love the pictures. So pretty.
Post a Comment