Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Friday, February 19, 2010

Fishin' for Cars


This is what my kitchen floor looks like for most of the day. I can't tell you how many times I step on a car on any given day and then scream something along these lines:  "Ow, ow, darn-it, dang-it, OWWW!"
As you can imagine a lot of these cars end up under the fridge and stove, so every night before Sam goes to bed we fish them out. It's now part of our bed time routine.



Lauren even gets in on the action too. This morning I caught her putting the cars under the fridge. Sigh.


Yesterday a wonderful thing happened. My friend gave us an ice cream bucket so Sam could put all his cars in the bucket and carry them around. I thought it was a GREAT IDEA! Thanks, Melinda!! Anyway, my floor isn't exactly what you'd call tidy during the day, but thanks to the ice cream bucket it's mostly cleared of the cars and I'm not tempted to curse nearly as often because I'm not stepping on a car every few minutes! :-)

4 comments:

Ali said...

haha. Isn't it amazing how the littlest thing can solve the biggest problem?! Glad those cars found a new parking garage...hope it stays that way! But, you probably do have the cleanest floor under your fridge of anyone!

Mallory said...

Hooorayyyyy!!! I laughed that Lauren was putting the cars under the fridge! Hopefully your floor will continue to give you less ooowwwiiieee moments! =)

Carol said...

Cars have the ability to sneak under anything, and there is _nothing_ more painful to step on (at least in the toy category.) :) I'm glad you've got a container! What a good idea!

Laura and crew said...

I knew ice cream was wonderful...I just didn't realize it was wonderful on many different levels.