Who knows but that something wonderful may happen today. Have faith that it will. After all, every morning is a chance at a new day! -Marjorie Pay Hinckley


Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Thoughts...

Okay, so I have a few thoughts to share...

My husband has been gone a lot lately (PhD General Exam, church responsibilities, other school responsibilities). I miss him. My kids have been sick which means we've been home a lot which also means I'm going a little stir CRAZY! I am SO ready for their noses to stop running, but I think we have a few more days of isolation. Sigh. I know....complain, complain, complain. Thankfully, a few things happened today that helped put things in perspective for me. My good friend had a baby today (yeah!) which is a very happy thing and I'm so excited to meet the little guy and hold him, but I'm so glad it's HER who had a baby and NOT ME . I also just read another article about all the sadness and destruction in Haiti and it just breaks my heart, which made me go here and donate some $ to the cause. I wish I could do more, but I don't know what else to do to help. Anyway, today I'm grateful it's not MY time to be having another baby AND I'm grateful I don't live in Haiti. I don't have anything at all to complain about. I am blessed. I am blessed. I am blessed!

One more thing...I've been reading this series of books. I've thoroughly enjoyed them and I have the first four books if anyone is interested in borrowing them. Let me know.

10 comments:

Amy said...

I got the first Percy Jackson book through the book order for free... have yet to read it, but I'm excited for it!

Ali said...

caving in is hard! And I, too, and so sick of the running nose wiping all day long! It's true. I headed out to activity days cranky tonight about things that don't matter. Luckily my mother reminded me of that in a phone call tonight. "At least you have your health she says." She's right! good luck getting through the next few days...

Ali said...

sorry about my spelling and punctuation in that comment. in a hurry:)

Mallory said...

The only thing I can think to say is we all have weeks days and months like that, but thankfully like you said we have things that often put us into a better perspective. If you ever need to get out let me know I am happy to hang out with you or even watch your kiddos so you can have some time. PS thanks for calling this afternoon you are so sweet.

Laura and crew said...

Now I understand what you mean by crazy. Hang in there and just plugging along and you'll make it. Besides, we'll be home tonight so we can help. If you need more incentive to hang in there, if you ask really nice I'll let ya hold Joey so you can feel more grateful he's my baby not yours... :O)

Jessica said...

you're good for donating money.

I am still hitch hikin' with you to the celestial kingdom.

The Holts said...

Why didn't you tell any of this to me on the phone the other day??? Maybe you did, and I just wasn't very perceptive. Having sick kids is the worst. It's only happened once to me so far, but it is not fun! Hang in there. You inspire me, and you are a GREAT friend! love ya

Mel said...

Sick kids is the worst! We just got done with battling a stomach bug. Icky! Hang in there...Spring is just around the corner!

The McCall's said...

Evan's paper is in, the colds are over, the sun is out, Joey is cute, Laura is getting better. Lot's to be thankful for.

Nicole said...

Janice, ever since i had tanner, i get happy and sad for new moms. very happy because a flood of memories of tanner's short 3 years fills my mind. but very sad for the new mother because the first months of Tanner's life were the HARDEST months of my life. hands down, the hardest. irony!