It has been a good week for our family. Evan has been busy with the written portion of his PhD general exam this month and he took the oral portion of the general exam on Friday (2/19). He found out he passed both the written and oral portions of the exam. Yipppeeee!!!! :-) This is a HUGE milestone and we're so so so so excited and happy for him! The past month has been a little stressful for our family, but especially for Evan. He has been busy beyond belief and gone from the early morning until sometimes late at night. We're so happy he's past this milestone and moved onto the next. Yesterday morning we had breakfast together as a family and Sam said the prayer. He told Heavenly Father, "thank you that Daddy's here and Mommy's here and I'm here and Lauren's here and that we're all here..." I had to laugh because I felt the same way! It was so GREAT to be there all together!
Anyway, here are some pics from our week in the sun! :-)
This is what Sam calls the "beach park". It's only a few minutes from our house and overlooks Puget Sound.
There are stairs that connect the park to an upper and lower parking lot. Lauren LOVES the stairs and I have a hard time keeping her away from them.
One of the great things about the "beach park" is the beach and an abundant supply of rocks to be played with and thrown in the water!

2 comments:
I'm so glad you've had a great week. I hate it when Dave's gone a lot. Mainly because it wears HIM out so when he IS HOME he's kind of grumpy. He teaches early morning seminary and has been working a lot and we're in the middle of trying to move so he's really been worn out. I'm doing OK,..... Tonight we did FHE right when he walked in the door. We dyed Easter Eggs. Infact, Tanner & I started dying eggs about 20 minutes before Dave walked in the door because I knew we had to get it done! Dave had to go over and do some work on our house so it was a quick FHE!!!!
Really jealous of your sun over here. :(
So, what IS the next milestone for Ev?
Post a Comment